I received a very nice note from my mom with some money, and a care package from my Dad, Stepmom, and little brothers in the mail today. I'm so lucky my family is supportive of me going on this trip.
I also went to the bank today to let them know I would be out of the country. For anyone reading this who lives in Minnesota, do yourself a favor and don't use TCF Bank, or at least the St. Paul skyway branch. They are terrible at knowing how to run a bank!! When I tried to wire my housing payment last month, they told me they couldn't look up the USD-YEN exchange rate. Today, a rep tried to tell me that there was no other fee for international ATM withdrawals besides the $5 ATM fee. WRONG, it's 3%, according to the brochure she gave me and the TCF customer service rep I called when I got home. Jeez. /rant
Aaron's throwing me a going away party on Friday! I'm excited to have one last shebang with my friends before I take off. Then pack, pack, pack, pack, pack, leave.
!!!!
I've been creeping on a blog of this guy who went to Sophia 2 years ago and stayed at Azalea house as well, so I've gotten a nice heads up about what to expect. For one thing, this is what the area around the station I will be getting off for school looks like: Second, I learned that Nerima-ku (the ward my area, Heiwadai, is in) has an avid Yakuza population. Soooo, I'll take that as no late night McDonald's runs... and if I ever miss the last train, I'll probably just find a nice 24 hour internet cafe to stay at and Skype with Aaron for the rest of the night. Haha.

No comments:
Post a Comment