I leave in NINE days!! I have all of my paperwork in, I've received my visa, and I (hopefully) have saved enough money so I don't starve. Right now is just an awkward period where I'm seeing friends, coworkers, and family for the last time and I just don't know what to think. I've been looking around my apartment in disbelief that after next week I won't be 'home' again until the end of summer. Crazy.
In preparation I watched Lost in Translation twice last week. I can't wait to go wander around (and tower over) such an amazing place!
But first I need to get there... and this last week and a half is going to be rough. It's just incomprehensible that I won't see Aaron for 3 months (he's visiting me in July). I know, I know, it's only 3 months, I'll live, Bob Loblaw... but that doesn't make it any easier. I just need to think of the amazing time we'll have being in Japan together, climbing Fuji-san, and going into the most awesome sushi coma man has ever seen.
So, to anyone who has lived in Japan or studied abroad in any country before, what is your best advice? What should I bring or leave home? Where should I visit first? What should I prepare for?
[Don't read any of the boring stuff below unless you are planning on applying to this program.]
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Bob Loblaw.
ReplyDelete