Friday, April 9, 2010

(^o^)

Today started out a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I missed home a lot and wasn't really in a good state of mind about being here at the moment. Luckily Aaron stayed up late to chat with me on IM and I had a South Park and a good movie to watch. Then I made a yummy dinner of soumen soup with sprouts and onions and was reading a magazine when I received an invitation from Priscilla for a late night adventure to Ueno park.

This was at 9:30, and the trains stop running at midnight. Ueno park is about 45 or more from Heiwadai. We got to the park and met up with Priscilla's friends, some Canadian boys who were traveling through Japan and their Japanese friends who they had just met. They were there for Hanami, which literally means flower viewing. We sat on a tarp and ate yummy food and drank delicious sake! I got to talk to some of the girls in Japanese for a while, and they gave me their cards, so I have some new friends to meet up with here!



Too soon we had to leave and catch the trains. Priscilla and I ran through the stations like only gaijins would, but we made it in time. We came home and now I'm about to take a trip to konbini (convenience store) with Natasha. That was exactly what I needed to feel better about being here. Kanpai!

1 comment:

  1. Sake in the park, awesome!

    find the good stuff so that I know what I need to bring home with me!

    ReplyDelete